Safe Environment UpdateAs you prepare for your activities, remember that all adults who have regular contact with young people are required to complete all Safe Environment training.
This Training has three sections
- An on-line application/ background check must be completed and submitted. NOTE - This is NOT an application for employment consideration.
- Child abuse awareness and prevention training titled, "Keeping Kids Safe" presented by the Diocese of Victoria must be attended within 90 days of the completion of the on-line application/background check. (Diocesan clearance and approval must be obtained before volunteer/employment positions may begin. Applicants may log back into their application within 72 hours to check clearance status. Only applicants who are prohibited from working with children and youth will receive written notification of this decision.)
- An orientation session regarding the “Code of Pastoral Conduct” and the “Policy Regarding Sexual Abuse of Minors” must be attended.
Elements 2 and 3 are offered at the parish level and school level simultaneously. This process is mandatory for all new applicants. NOTE: Due to the nature of the subject matter, children under the age of 15 are not permitted at these sessions. Childcare is not provided nor can children be left unattended during the presentation sessions.
Training Dates and Locations for Sections 2 and 3
Click the links below to download the latest list of scheduled training. (PDF)
If your parish/school is not featured in the lists above, please contact the parish/school safe environment trainer for a list of scheduled dates.
- Participants MUST be pre-registered for all classes.
- Registration must be received prior to 72 hours before any scheduled class.
- Renewal Process is conducted every three years.
Safe Environment Policies and Procedures
To report abuse: call 1-800-252-5400 or report on line.
Texas Child Abuse Reporting